Wednesday, October 29, 2008

G1 3G Down: Here's Why

Okay, all of a suddenly, I was trying to update my e-mails and surf the Web.  I find that 3G and EDGE were both not working.  I rebooted and rebooted.

Nothing.  I went online and logged into my T-Mobile account and found that my old Internet data plan was no longer there.

Apparently, all of us with G1 has been using 3G for free, an introductory promotion of sort.  Now, it would be nice if they had told us.  But they didn't.   Now, remember when you pre-ordered your G1, you selected a data plan?

Right.  I remembered.  Except when T-Mobile did not automatically switched us over.  Here's what you need to do.  Call T-Mobile or log online to select the plan that you want again.  They won't do it for you.

Supposedly, it may take 24-48 hours to make the switch.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you've still got issues.

Note:  IM and e-mail for Google still works but nothing else.

Note:  (2:30PM PST)  Everything fine again.

No comments:

Buy.com