Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Galaxy Note 4: Who Should Ugrade? Anyone And Everyone Who Does Not Have a Note 3

Today, Samsung unveiled their latest and greatest phablet, the Note 4 with specs that really should have also been on the Galaxy S 5 but for some reason, Samsung went with mediocrity.  So, who should consider getting or  upgrading to the Note 4?

Just about anyone on the planet who wants a high-end mobile workhorse. 

  • 153.5 x 78.6 x 8.5 millimeters at only 176 grams
  • 5.7" screen with 2,560 x 1,440
  • 2.7 Ghz 4-core or 1.9Ghz 8-core
  • 16 MP back camera and 3.7 MP front camera - selfie addicts will love this
  • 3 GB - I had hoped for 4 GB
  • 3,200 mAh battery.

It comes with an assortment of accessories that I won't go into because we have such a wide range of taste when it comes to accessorizing our mobile devices.  I tend to like what Samsung makes and that's good enough for me.  Keeping it simple.

Samsung also released an innovative (I'm still out on whether it's really practical in real world use) is the Galaxy Edge with Note Edge that has a curved edge on one side that is also part of the display.  I'm gonna go with a "no" on this one for at least six months until we see how other folks actually use it.

However, Droid-Life has hands with both the Note 4 (Droid-Life hands-on) and Note Edge (Droid-Life hands-on).  You will have to decide whether my recommendation is the right one.

To be sure, when I said everyone should consider the Note 4, I mean even iPhone users.  I just want to make sure mobile fans on the other side also keep an open mind to what Samsung has to offer.  For instance, you probably will never get a stylus from Apple.  Or from Microsoft/Nokia or Blackberry.

And yes, while Samsung's stylus use is limited (in my opinion), as someone who writes a lot, I have a use for it. 

And my recommendation extends to even those who bought the Galaxy S 5.  To me, the device no longer has the rights to be considered a flagship device.  Upper-mid tier at most.  The future of high-end for Samsung is the Note 4.

No comments:

Buy.com