Monday, July 30, 2012

Samsung’s Galaxy Note is coming to T-Mobile - Great News But Note 2 Around The Corner


TmoNews is reporting T-Mobile will be getting the Galaxy Note.  Great news but this is last year's Note and Note 2 is likely a couple of months away from debuting worldwide.  I am seriously considering this if it’s $400 off contract.  Then I can use it with my T-Mobile/Walmart $30 voice/data plan that offers 100 min of talk and 5 GB of data.

And by most reports, the battery life, which is a big issue for most mobile warriors, is pretty good.  Should last most of us the whole day on medium-to-heavy usage.


However, this review of the Note has given me pause.  Boatware and slow CPU comes to mind quickly.  Obviously, there is nothing T-Mobile is in a position to deal with.  On top of that, lags seems to be an issue for some users who uses Samsung's version of Android and its skin.  If you’re brave, flashing it with a pure Android OS could solve that.  It’s likely the performance took hits because of Samsung’s attempt to control user experiences and not the hardware or the OS itself.

I’m hoping T-Mobile will get the Note 2 when it comes out later this year. Why? Maybe I should wait until then.

Still, for other mobile warriors who do not mind taking on the road last year’s tech, this isn’t a bad device at all.  Every time I see someone with a note out and about in public, I get insanely jealous.

Also, we should probably consider is that the Nexus 7  which isn’t all that much bigger than the Galaxy Note and if you put both devices side-by-side, the line between smartphone and tablet becomes very blurry.  And the Nexus 7 with 16 GB is only $250.  And maybe if I’m super-duper good this year, Santa will bring me a Nexus 5 in 2012 or 2013.

Meanwhile, the T-Mobile’s Note page is up now.  You can sign up for more info when it becomes available.  I'll make a final decision after the unsubsidized price is known.

No comments:

Buy.com