Monday, October 3, 2011

Android Vulernability That Could Disable Anti-Virus Apps

Android has had some security issues and it appears that anti-viral and malware apps could help.  However, a new security hole discovered can allow malware to disable these protection apps.  

It's not something I think the general Android public needs to worry about.  I'm a pretty careful mobile user and I hardly download apps from third parties that I am not familiar with from the Marketplace.  I know this limits my app choices but, hey, it's the Wild Wild West here in Android land.

So far, there is no known attacks using this exploit discovered by Privateer Labs.  And as expected, Google has not commented on this.  There is really nothing for Google to say until they've had a chance to study this and issue a patch.

Source:  CNET.

No comments:

Buy.com