Check out Samsung's new 5.3" Note - I guess it's a tablet. It can also be a smartphone like its Galaxy S II but with a bigger screen. Whatever, I do like it. However, I would only be interested if this was just a tablet with cellular and Wi-Fi connectivity but not as a phone.
Here are some well known specs:
- Dual-core 1.4 Ghz chip and 1 GB with 16 or 32 GB storage.
- 1280 x 800 in a 5.3" screen. Wow! Still, the Retina Display has a higher pixel density.
- .39 Pounds, The iPad 2 is 1.33 lbs. The Playbook is .9 pounds.
- Kinda thick at 9.65 mm. Galaxy S II comes in at 8.5 mm while the iPhone is 9.3 mm and the iPad at 8.8 mm.
- Has a pen input. No thanks.
Unfortunately, it runs Android 2.3, not the true Honeycomb version of Android. Thought it's not a fail for me, I would like to know what the battery life is like.
However, I see a market for this. But I would have like Samsung to release this without the phone feature. In fact, I would live to see Apple do something similar with the iPod touch. I'll buy this in a heartbeat.
Source: PC World.