Wednesday, August 31, 2011

$700 LTE Tablet

You ready for AT&T's LTE 10' tablet with better than the run-of-the-mill Tegra 2 chips running at 1.5 Ghz?  Well, then get ready to pay for it at $700.

Daily Wireless reports it will go on sale 9/4.  The problem with this picture is that AT&T has no LTE network to speak off.  I'm glad that it'll come LTE-ready, not like Xoom, which Motorola promised to have LTE but we're still waiting on that. 

Right now, I'm not sure what the draw will be.  The data plans are the same as the current 3G (sorry, I mean 4G) data plans so that's a good thing.  I was sure AT&T would try to charge more for it.  

And at $700, which is a $200 to $300 premium over other 3G tablets, it's not likely AT&T will sell many of these.  I know that this is just a media stunt more than anything else.  After all, expensive tablet and no LTE but in one city, what else could it be?

Still, it isn't good news but certainly not bad news.  AT&T can use less bad news given that the DOJ is going to block, I hope, successfully Ma Bell's attempt to eliminate competition in the marketplace by eating up T-Mobile.


No comments:

Buy.com