Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Spotify Accepting US Sign-Ups

Hello, everyone!  It's a new day!

Spotify is now accepting sign-ups for services.  Here is the link to their sign-in page.  And yes, I've already put my name forth.  

I started using this a while back, courtesy of Dave the Mobile Warrior who helped me set it up.  

No pricing has been announced but expect it to be free for a few hours of streaming and if you can't get enough of it, you can sign up for a subscription.  According to Macrumors€5 to €10 per month for European users.  I think we'll see about $10.  But to do well, I think they would need to go as low as $5 a month.  After all, you already get Netflix streaming for $8 a month.  It would not make sense for a music service to cost more than video streaming.

So, what are you waiting for.  Sign up now!

Note:  Remember those unlimited data plans I mentioned yesterday that are going away.  They're pretty handy when I needed to catch up on some TV shows.  Now with music streaming, those plans are even more valuable.

Another Note:  Amazon and Google both offer music lockers for users to stream their own music while Apple will have iTunes Match for $25 a month that allows users to store their music in the cloud.  I love competition!

No comments:

Buy.com