Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mobile Journals - Best Options?

Recently, one of my friends came to me and asked about blogging. He wanted to create an online journal more than blogging for public or a limited viewing. It was a way to sort his thought.

I gave him the option of that most others would offer. Wordpress, Tumblr, Blogspot, and even social networks.

All of the above blogs give the user a range options to limit who can see the updates, blogs, or short messages.

With Google Plus (G+) and the ease with which one can create circles, I think my friend can do just that easily.

Are there any other options that are available for use in this manner?

I think we will probably see a better G+ blogging option in future updates. There is already a very strong tech following among its users and I have also noticed people defining new ways to use it.

This isn't to say that Facebook won't offer more versatile option in the future or over blogs offering more integrated social options. But I did realize that creating a private journal as opposed to blogging is a very underserved service.

Personally, I use apps on my mobile devices that are Berber shares online or exportable to the cloud. I supposed I am old school that way.

No comments:

Buy.com