Thursday, July 28, 2011

7" Acer Inconia For Mere $300!

Okay, This definitely has my interests peek big time.

According to Engadget, the Acer Iconia Tab A100 will be available in a few short sweeks FOR $300.  That this is a 7" tablet running Honeycomb rather than Gingerbread is more to my liking.  This delicious 7 incher should be available early August.

It's Tegra 2 powered with 5MP/2MP camera, Wi-Fi, HDMI port, 8 GB, and 1530 mAh battery running, I reckon, Honeycomb 3.2.
acer-iconiatab-a100-550x403.jpg

Having said all that, I wonder what the battery life will be.  I'm gonna need 10 hours at least before I jump in with both feet.  But this is promising for the Android platform.

Furthermore, given today's dismal news about Xoom shipment (no actual sales figure provided), this is fantastic news mainly due to the $300 price.  And with Amazon on the verge of release their own 7" Kindle tablet, I figure Amazon has no choice but to match Iconia and other 7" in tablets running Honeycomb.  

Source: Phandroid via Engadget.

Note:  Given that Amazon is not likely running Google-sanctioned Android, I wonder if the 7" Kindle tablet will be running Honeycomb or Ginderbread.

No comments:

Buy.com