Saturday, July 3, 2010

T-Mobile Needs To Allows Folks To Upgrade Early

A strange thing just happened. It's business as usual over at T-Mobile USA. I just tried to see if I can upgrade a month early. See my contract ends next month but I'm trying to see if I can get the Samsung Vibrant, T-Mobile's version of the Galaxy S. No go.

Meanwhile, ATT and Verizon Wireless are allow users whose contracts are up between now and the end of December to upgrade early. As the number 4 mobile provider in the US, T-Mobile needs to be more flexible.

As Android fans, things don't get better than the last few months with tons of high-end HTC devices coming to the market. Motorola is getting a second wind with Droid X and Droid 2. But Samsung is covering the whole market from top to bottom with its flagship Galaxy S.

So with plenty of Android competitions, not to mention Apple's iPhone 4 juggernaut, T-Mobile needs to do all it can to stay competitive. As the originator of the Android platform with the HTC G1, I like to see them do more. Since the G1, all the Android attention has been on Verizon. And for my fellow Android users who are with Verizon, I'm sure things are pretty good there.

But since then, I can't get T-Mobile has really gone the extra mile. What's going for it is the new HPSA+ network that it is trying to complete. Now, all T-Mobile needs are more power users like myself with a lot more high end Android phones.

It also helps if T-Mobile is more flexible with the two-year contract deadlines and upgrades. Especially someone who has been with them for six years. Just saying...

For now, I'll wait. Either way, I'll be getting an Android device or tablet this year. Maybe not necessarily with T-Mobile. At the end of the day, I'm first and forth-most a mobile fan.

No comments:

Buy.com