Tuesday, August 18, 2009

G1 Not Upgradable From This Point Forward?

Well, at least this confirms my belief.  G1 is a beta device and we all paid to be a part of it.  Well, no regrets.  If you're wondering what I'm talking about, here it is:  G1 isn't likely to be upgradable from this point forward.

I have waited a few days to confirm this but at this point, it's looking bleak for us G1ers.  However, I'm hoping that T-Mobile might do something for those of us who take the G1 in at good faith and allow us to upgrade without penalty sooner rather than later.

Still, I think the G1 is one of the better devices on the market.  I'm not sure we have to worry about falling behind the rest of the Android market until next year at the earliest.

The G2, myTouch, as far as I am concerned is a G1 without a keyboard.  In any case, I do hope that T-Mobile or Google will continue to support security upgrades and Chrome Mobile.

So, where do we go from here?  Like I said, the G1 is one of the best devices on the market and there should be no need for G1ers to upgrade.  As always, there are two things I want for the future.  Battery life efficiency and speed.

As for Android 2.0 and beyond, well, I'd be lying if I say that I'm not interested but I'm happy with things for the moment.

No comments:

Buy.com