Wednesday, October 22, 2008

G1's Short Battery Life

Here's some quick thoughts on the battery life.  I'll create more scenarios where certain things are on or off and let you know what that's like.

Wow, 3G really like juice.  By that I mean, well, you know what I mean.  It's now 1:30PM PST.  I unplugged the G1 about 11PM last night.  By morning, it was already down about 20% without me doing anything.  I  had set the alarm but that was it.

I took it with me on a 20 minute drive with the GPS on because I've never had  GPS unit before and it was cool watchin the dot move on the map.  Then I listened to some music for about 20 minutes.

I checked my mail twice.

Now, I'm about 40% left.  I can't tell for sure.  I'm still familiarizing myself with the G1 so I don't know if there is a true battery indicator in settings or anywhere else where I can see the exact percentage of battery life left.  According to the battery icon, it's definite way less than 50%.

So, there you have it.  A short post on battery life.  I'm going to try it with the 2G tomorrow and see how the battery life fares and then I'll give you a comparison with the iPhone.

No comments:

Buy.com