Yesterday, with everything turned on, I managed to get through the day with moderate use through 6:30PM. The G1 had been on since 11PM the previous night on battery. Throughout the day, I did the follow:
- GPS for a 20 minute drive
- Music here and there. About 90 minutes total.
- 3G was on. Push mail on.
- gTalk was on. Sent a few messages. MSN and Yahoo are off.
- Surf the web here and there. Nothing heavy. Light use.
- Sent a couple of e-mails. Two I think.
So today, I'm going to try something different. I'lve deactivated the 3G and will be using Edge to see how the battery life is extended. I think when I'm in the office, there really is no need for 3G to be on.
- GPS is off. Location via cell and wi-fi is off.
- Edge only. Push mail should still work?
- gTalk is one. I don't see the point of it not on. MSN and Yahoo are also on.
I can't think of anything else to turn off. On, the screen has been at about 50% brightness. So, we'll see how I get through the day. By comparison, I can get through three days on the iPhone at similar settings.
Note: There is an update forthcoming. I surmise we'll see something about the battery life in future updates if not this one.