Thursday, October 23, 2008

G1 Battery Part 2

I'll be updating later on today's battery life scenario.

Yesterday, with everything turned on, I managed to get through the day with moderate use through 6:30PM.  The G1 had been on since 11PM the previous night on battery.  Throughout the day, I did the follow:

  • GPS for a 20 minute drive
  • Music here and there.  About 90 minutes total.
  • 3G was on.  Push mail on.
  • gTalk was on.  Sent a few messages.  MSN and Yahoo are off.
  • Surf the web here and there.  Nothing heavy.  Light use.
  • Sent a couple of e-mails.  Two I think.  
So today, I'm going to try something different.  I'lve deactivated the 3G and will be using Edge to see how the battery life is extended.  I think when I'm in the office, there really is no need for 3G to be on.  
  • GPS is off.  Location via cell and wi-fi is off.
  • Edge only.  Push mail should still work?
  • gTalk is one.  I don't see the point of it not on.  MSN and Yahoo are also on.
I can't think of anything else to turn off.  On, the screen has been at about 50% brightness.  So, we'll see how I get through the day.  By comparison, I can get through three days on the iPhone at similar settings.
Note:  There is an update forthcoming.  I surmise we'll see something about the battery life in future updates if not this one.

No comments:

Buy.com