Thursday, September 1, 2011

5.3" Smartphone or Tablet? Samsung Note Tries To Be Both


Check out Samsung's new 5.3" Note - I guess it's a tablet. It can also be a smartphone like its Galaxy S II but with a bigger screen.  Whatever, I do like it.  However, I would only be interested if this was just a tablet with cellular and Wi-Fi connectivity but not as a phone.


Here are some well known specs:

  • Dual-core 1.4 Ghz chip and 1 GB with 16 or 32 GB storage.
  • 1280 x 800 in a 5.3" screen.  Wow!  Still, the Retina Display has a higher pixel density.
  • .39 Pounds, The iPad 2 is 1.33 lbs.  The Playbook is .9 pounds.
  • Kinda thick at 9.65 mm.  Galaxy S II comes in at 8.5 mm while the iPhone is 9.3 mm and the iPad at 8.8 mm.  
  • Has a pen input.  No thanks.  
Unfortunately, it runs Android 2.3, not the true Honeycomb version of Android.  Thought it's not a fail for me, I would like to know what the battery life is like.  

However, I see a market for this.  But I would have like Samsung to release this without the phone feature.  In fact, I would live to see Apple do something similar with the iPod touch.  I'll buy this in a heartbeat.  

Source:  PC World.

No comments:

Buy.com