Wednesday, November 19, 2008

G1 - What It Could Have Been

It's been a while since I've written about my G1 experience.  Honestly, I can do what everyone else is doing and provide nearly the same identical experience.

But I want to talk about what it could have been and not what it is now.  What it is now is another mobile device with potential.

As you know by now, Google has beta programs that last years.  I hope this is not the case with Android.  Yes, Android as it is now is a beta implementation.  After using it for a month now, you can still see rough edges. 

I hope that by the end of first quarter of 2009, we'll see a better UI and more features.  For example, as it is now, the Android Marketplace is pretty barren.  

Mediocrity is not what we come to expect from Google.  Overall, my experience with the G1 has been positive.  The 3G speed is very good compared to the EDGE service I had before.  I think that helped a lot. 

However, I had expected great iPhone-like experience.  Maybe that'll come with Android 2.0 or 3.0.  In the meantime, I would like to see other Google desktop apps come to the G1 like Blogger and Docs soon.

No comments:

Buy.com